After the age of 30, your testosterone levels begin to drop. This stage of your life is referred to as andropause, and it is perfectly natural. However, a condition called Low T can cause your testosterone levels to drop abnormally low, which can lead to health problems. Luckily, low testosterone is completely treatable. If you experience any of the following symptoms, you should get tested for Low T in Mount Pleasant, SC at our men’s clinic.
- Lower Sex Drive – One of the biggest indicators that you could be suffering from Low T is a decreased sex drive.
- Fatigue, Low Energy – Your hormones have a huge impact on your energy levels. A sudden or abnormal drop in energy could mean your testosterone levels are too low.
- Muscle Loss/Weight Gain – Poor diet and lack of exercise will cause muscle loss and weight gain, but if you’re trying to lose weight and can’t you may have a hormone imbalance.
- Erectile Dysfunction – Sexual performance is dependent on your hormones being at the right levels. If you are experiencing ED, you could have lower than normal levels of testosterone.
- Memory Loss – If you find yourself struggling to remember things, it could be a sign of Low T.
- Depression – Mental illness happens when the chemicals in your brain are unbalanced. Low levels of testosterone have been linked to depression in men.
- Hair Loss – Hair loss may be a symptom of aging, but if you find yourself losing an alarming amount of hair your hormones could be to blame.
- Sleep Apnea – Sleep apnea is a condition where a person briefly stops breathing during sleep. If you have recently been diagnosed with this condition, you may also have Low T.
- Irritable Male Syndrome (IMS) – Low T has been linked to irritability in men.
When you make an appointment at Charleston Men’s Clinic, we will perform a simple blood test to determine if you have low testosterone. Once you know for sure, we can begin treating you for Low T. What are you waiting for? Contact our clinic today to get tested for Low T.