What Can I Do To Reduce, Slow Down or Treat the Arteriosclerosis in My Penis?
- Genetics are important. Pick your parents carefully .
- Improve your lifestyle with regular exercise, healthy diet, weight loss, smoking cessation, avoidance of excessive alcohol/drugs, etc.
- Aggressively treat your high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, etc.
- Come in to the Charleston Men’s Clinic to learn about GAINSWave™ a revolutionary, scientifically proven, highly eﬀective, lasting, drug-free, pain-free, non-surgical treatment of erectile dysfunction that rejuvenates the vasculature in the erectile tissue and actually improves/increase blood flow.
GAINSWave™ is a specific protocol of Low-Intensity Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (LI- ESWT) designed to improve blood flow to the penis.
It was developed by Richard Gains, MD, a physician who pioneered this technology in the United States.
Stuart Markovitz, MD, Medical Director of the The Charleston Men’s Clinic, is proud to be the first certified provider of GAINSWave™ in the Carolinas.
Since June of 2017, the Charleston Men’s Clinic has successfully treated dozens and dozens of patients with this simple, eﬀective, totally safe, pain-free, non-invasive, medication-free, brief, in-oﬃce procedure.
No sedation, surgery or medication is used.
Application of a topical anesthetic cream makes the in-oﬃce treatment painless.
There is no sexual down time. You can come in over your lunch hour and have intercourse that same night.
Gentle acoustic waves are applied to the penis during each 20-30 minute treatment.
The pulsating acoustic waves break up micro-plaque in existing blood vessels and trigger the body’s natural repair and healing process by releasing cytokines (“growth factors”) and awakening dormant “stem cells”.
Patients often experience a noticeable improvement in their erectile function within a few days or weeks.
Over the ensuing weeks and months. new blood vessels develop from existing blood vessels (angiogenesis) and new nerve tissue is generated.
This results in a lasting increase in blood flow and sensitivity
The increase in blood flow helps virtually every man obtain stronger and more sustainable erections.
Who Should Consider Doing GAINSWave™?
- Men who currently don’t need or use ED medication, but who want to improve their performance.
- Men just beginning to need ED medication. After GAINSWave they may no longer need it.
- Men who regularly use ED medication. After GAINSWave they may be able to get by without it or to use a lower dosage.
- Men whose ED medication no longer works reliably or has stopped working altogether. After GAINSWave they may be able to use it confidently again.
- Essentially, any man with a penis who wants it to work better!
Shockwave therapy has shown lasting benefit. A 12 month double-blinded, sham-controlled study published in the November 2017 issue of The Journal of Urology (Oﬃcial Journal of the American Urological Association) confirmed the beneficial eﬀect of LI-ESWT on hemodynamics for 12 months in 75% of the treated patients. Mean peak systolic velocity increased by 4.5 cm per second in the LI-ESWT group vs. 0.5 cm per second in the sham group.
Since arteriosclerosis is an ongoing degenerative process, we recommend a maintenance program with additional treatments performed at 3-6 month intervals to maintain and enhance the benefit.
The American Journal of Urology says “The feasibility and tolerability of this treatment, coupled with its potential rehabilitative characteristics, make it an attractive new therapeutic option for men with erectile dysfunction.”
According to the Scandinavian Journal of Urology, shockwave therapy could be a “possible cure in some patients”.
The sooner you intervene with GAINSWave, the better your results will be.
It stands to reason that the less severe your ED is and the younger you are, the better your result will be.
So, don’t delay.